June 22, 2010

Pleased to meet you!

To the readers and writers of "Queering Yerevan,"

This is my first official post and I would like to thank everyone for inviting me! I will be in Hyastan exactly one month from yesterday. I am a visual artist using photography, video, installation and performance art working with themes of gender identity, the accuracy of historical representations, myth-making, bodily limitation, power dynamics, queerness, oppression and diasporan identity.

Here are a couple of my video pieces from the past several years--

www.vimeo.com/12657018 
www.vimeo.com/12647535 
www.vimeo.com/12648192

Tip of the Tongue Phenomenon


Basic Conversational Armenian


3 comments:

  1. Nice to see some of your work, Melissa! Though our Boston meet-up didn't work out, I'm happy to read that you'll be in Hayastan — I'll finally get to meet you in person :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parev Lusine! Lav es?

    Adrineh,

    Thank you so much. I am looking forward to finally meeting you as well!

    Bachigs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete